In order to improve the school’s educational environment, promote a more effective climate for
learning, foster school unity and pride, and allow scholars to focus solely on learning and not on attire,
the school has a dress policy for scholars that applies to school days and school-sponsored
events. Cesar Chavez PCS believes that a person’s dress communicates attitudes and values. Every
profession or workplace sets particular expectations for appropriate dress. Attending school and being
an active learner is the scholar’s profession. For this reason, the school will be implementing consistent
and strict dress expectations.
All Cesar Chavez PCS (Cesar Chavez PCS) scholars must be in the Cesar Chavez PCS uniform during all
school hours unless stated by Cesar Chavez PCS. The Cesar Chavez PCS uniform must be displayed
neatly, fitted, cleanly, proudly and without exception at all times throughout the academic year, with
the exception of dress down days (which require a pass). All uniform shirts and sweaters may be
purchased at Cesar Chavez during parent orientation sessions and during the first week of school for
scholars. . This policy will be strictly enforced. If you foresee an issue, please notify the school
Cesar Chavez PCS scholars who come to school without the completed Cesar Chavez PCS uniform will
have their parent/guardian contacted. Scholars may earn a detention for coming out of uniform and
will need to be in uniform before entering class. This can be done by having an item brought to the
school or by borrowing an item from the school per each school’s policy.
LOWER SCHOOL UNIFORM:
● SHIRT: Chavez schools Red shirt and/or RED polo shirt (long/short sleeved) and/or sanctioned
school shirts such as: Athletic Program, Grade Level Shirts, and Official Chavez Club shirts
approved by the Lower School Leadership TeamTeam
● PANTS/SKIRT: Pants must be chino or khaki materials. Skirts must be knee-length. No joggers
permitted. Pants must be worn at your waist. NO SAGGING OR UNDERGARMENT SHOWING
● Shirts must be tucked in pants for both male and females.
● SHOES: Closed-toe with no heels crocs, slides, flip flops, Yzy FoamRunners are not permitted
● SWEATER: Solid black sweater/vest with or without Cesar Chavez logo, no hoodies permitted
● BELTS: Solid black or brown belts without decorative belt buckles
● No alterations to the uniform is permitted. (no cut shirts or pants)
● SHIRT Chavez schools GREY shirt and/or GREY polo shirt logo (long/short sleeved) and/or
sanctioned school shirts (Athletic Program, Grade Level Shirts, and Official Chavez Club shirts
approved the HS administrator team.
● PANTS/SKIRT Pants must be chino or khaki materials. Skirts must be knee-length. No joggers,
ripped or torn pants, or sagging pants where undergarments are visible.
● SHOES Closed-toe with no heel; crocs, slides, flip flops, heels are not permitted
● SWEATER Solid black or solid grey sweater/vest with or without Cesar Chavez logo (no hoodies
● No alterations to the uniform is permitted. (no cut shirts or pants)
The following outlines additional specifications and dress code requirements scholars are expected to
meet at Chavez Schools:
Scholars are only permitted to wear black and/or gray sweaters. Hoodies and jackets are not
acceptable and should not be worn during the school day.
All scholars must wear appropriate school pants. Pants MUST have belt loops, zippers and buttons. The
following styles of pants are NOT allowed:
|Ripped or overly
Pants with designs in
|Pants dragging on
Pants worn below
|Lace or translucent
Pants must extend from the waist to the top of the shoe. Scholars are not permitted to wear jeans or
other long pants beneath their uniform pants. Pants must be worn at your waist. NO SAGGING OR
Only plain knee length skirts may be worn. These skirts may not have any logos or additional pockets. The
material and criteria listed above for pants apply to skirts.
Only closed-toe shoes without a heel are acceptable at Cesar Chavez PCS. The following footwear is
NOT acceptable: footwear with designs or decorations, such as shoes with metal details and/or studded
shoes; sandals, flip-flops, heels, clogs, etc. Chavez scholars must wear sneakers to gym.
Only opaque leggings and/or tights are allowed under skirts. Socks should not contain inappropriate
language or images including but not limited to drug paraphernalia.
Hats and Head Coverings:
Hats, doo rags, bonnets, rollers (of any type) bandanas or other types of decorative headgear are not to
be worn at Cesar Chavez PCS. Cesar Chavez PCS recognizes scholars’ rights to wear head coverings for
religious and cultural reasons.
Coats and Jackets:
Coats and jackets are not to be worn in the Cesar Chavez PCS School building at any time unless
entering or exiting the building.
Dress Down Days
● Dress down days are rewards for specific actions by the scholars and will be announced to
parents/guardians, in advance using family communication systems when assigned. We expect
Chavez Scholars to abide by the following dress down rules:
o Pants/skirts/shorts: Pants must be fully intact and opaque, scholars are not permitted to
wear clothing that exposes skin, i.e. ripped, sheer, see-through clothing. Leggings are not
permitted. Skirts must be knee length.
o Tops: Shirts must be fully intact and opaque, scholars are not permitted to wear clothing
that exposes skin, i.e. ripped, sheer, see-through clothing, altered and/or shortened
o Additional requirements are as follows:
▪ Shirts should cover at least 3⁄4 of the shoulder
▪ Hooded apparel can be worn but the hoods must remain off while in the school building
▪ Shorts, skirts, dresses, jumpers, and any other clothing worn on the bottom should
fall at knee length; No legging, sweat pant, pajamas may be worn;
▪ Mid-drift shirts are not permitted; sheer or mesh tops are acceptable if they are worn on top of an undershirt that doesn’t expose underwear or skin
▪ Clothing must be worn at the natural waist (no sagging pants) in order to avoid exposing underwear
▪ Students should remove hats, hoods, durags, bandanas, bonnets, or other headwear (except religious and cultural exemptions) when in the school building
▪ Students are required to abide by the dress code for individual classes including Dance, PE, and Science Labs
Shoes: Only closed-toe shoes without a heel are acceptable at Cesar Chavez PCS. The following
footwear is NOT acceptable: footwear with designs or decorations, such as shoes with metal details
and/or studded shoes; sandals, flip-flops, crocs, heels, clogs, etc.
Scholars may wear head coverings or other garments for religious purposes. In order to obtain the school
approval, a parent/guardian must contact the school. Exceptions are limited to the following:
● Long traditional shirts may be worn underneath a Cesar Chavez PCS uniform shirt and said shirt
must be solid black, white, or red.
Scholars Out of Uniform
if scholar arrives out of uniform, the following steps may occur:
● Deanslist Debit
● Parent notification
● Scholars will receive a uniform pass to attend class
● Scholars with multiple infractions may be excluded from school activities, organizations, and other scholar incentives.