Answers will be updated with new dates and information. Check back often! Click through the questions below to view answers on frequently asked questions about enrollment.
Are you interested in becoming a part of the Cesar Chavez family?
How many campuses does Cesar Chavez have?
When will I know if I have been matched with Cesar Chavez?
Lottery results were released March 30, 2020 for the 20-21 school year. You received an email, mailed letter or can log into your family account and click on the “View the lottery results” button. A Chavez staff member also called and emailed with information about completing the registration process.
The enrollment deadline for matched families was June 15, 2020. After that, your spot is no longer guaranteed.
Missed the lottery deadlines for school year 2021-22?
Any child applying after the lottery deadline is added to the Cesar Chavez Public Charter Schools wait list. You will be contacted by phone and by email when a space for your child becomes available. You may also call and check your child’s status. We check the wait list and send out acceptances daily.
- Complete Chavez’s online registration form
- (New Families Only) Submit a My Schools DC Seat Acceptance form
- Visit Cesar Chavez Public Charter Schools
- Submit valid proof of D.C. Residency (D.C. Residency Verification Form)
- Submit health, dental, and immunization forms
- Submit transcripts and other documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions or concerns with the enrollment process, please contact our Registrar: Michelle Chapman, michelle.chapman@