At the end of the 11th grade year, students participate in a full- time academic internship, which provides an insider’s view of how public policy and service organizations solve problems affecting our community. In addition, students gain important professional skills: resume writing, interviewing, networking, and more.
PROJECTED TIMELINE FOR JUNE FELLOWSHIP 2017
*Indicates Fellowship events/activities that are recommended, but not required.
- January 2017-March 2017: Chavez Students will be enrolled in Public Policy Practicum, which is part of the Junior Thesis course. As the expectation for this course, students will be required to find their own Fellowship.
- March 1st: All interested Host Supervisors must submit their online Fellowship Form.
- March 16th: Fellowship Host Supervisors who are opting to conduct their own interview process must complete interviews and offer their Fellowship to a student by this date. Once a student accepts, the Host must submit their Final Fellowship Form.
- March 23rd: Fellowship Host Supervisors who are opting to have Chavez Schools select their Final Fellow(s) MUST participate in the Interview Fair.
- April 7th: Host Supervisors will be emailed the name(s) of their final Fellow(s).
- April 28th*: Interested Hosts will have an opportunity to conduct an orientation and ensure students complete all necessary paperwork to participate in Fellowship during On-Boarding Day.
- May 8-12, 2016: Fellowship Initiation Week will occur simultaneously with PARCC testing, since 11th grade students are required to be off campus during testing. Students should report full-time Monday-Thursday and Friday should remain a half-day (9am-12pm).
- May 5th, 12th, and 19th: Students will report to Fellowship on Friday's in May, 9am-12pm.
- May 30th-June 16th: Students will report to Fellowship full-time during this period, with Friday schedule remaining 9am-12pm
- June 7th: NO Fellowship due to the 12th grade graduation.
- June 8th: NO Fellowship! Students attend Public Policy Symposium.
- June 16th: Host Supervisors must submit their Supervisor Evaluation to their assigned Teacher Advisor via email and are welcome to participate in Fellowship closing ceremonies, 2-3:30pm (at campuses).