At Chavez Schools, scholars learn to be civic leaders committed to creating a more just, free, and equal world. Through the Fellowship Program, host organizations offer our scholars an unpaid opportunity to learn the knowledge and skills required to be change-agents in the 21st Century.
This professional experience and the guidance of committed and supportive hosts lets scholars see how their academic skills and civic values can shape the real world. Working in public policy and service organizations introduces these civically minded youth to the operational side of public policy and highlights the communication and professional skills expected of successful and effective public servants.
PROJECTED TIMELINE FOR JUNE FELLOWSHIP 2018
*Indicates Fellowship events/activities that are recommended, but not required.
- October 2017 - January 2018: Host organization sign-up period
- January 19, 2018: Host Organization Registration Form due to Chavez Schools.
- February 9, 2018: Professionalism Day for students to engage with volunteers to get ready for their fellowship experience.
- March 2018: Real-world interview process when students reach out to organizations to request interviews
- April 6, 2018: Interview Fair* for hosts to interview participating students.
- April 20, 2018: Final Placements announced.
- April 27, 2018: OnBoarding Day* for students to tour their host organizations
- May 29th, 2018 - June 12th, 2018: Fellowship Period
- June 12th, 2018: Supervisor Evaluation due to Teacher Advisors
- June 13th, 2018: Fellowship Closing Ceremonies*
Contact Fellowship Manager