Last updated 3/23/2020
Chavez Schools will close along with DCPS from March 16th through April 24th. Please read this letter regarding details on distance learning and supports provided during closure. We will be updating families regularly as we have new information.
- DCPS Meal Sites
- Meals for students (not just DCPS, anyone under 18)
- Free internet for 2 months
- DC Attorney General: Knowing your Rights
- Digital DC Public Library
- Mayor Bowser Social Media and News Updates
- Scholastic - Articles & Activities
- Free Books Online - Information on gaining access to free books via local libraries
- Coping Guides for families - Resources in Spanish and English to help families understand COVID-19 and supports during this time.
- Quarantine Tool Kit - It's designed for families to be able to use to develop a schedule, have resources, and art making activities that children and families can use at home. It's also broken up by age level.
- Department of Behavioral Health - Those requiring mental health support or need to be connected to resources can call 1-877-793-4357 - this line is open 24/7.