Become A Chavez Scholar
Visit Cesar Chavez PCS | Required Registration Documents | FAQs
Thank you for your interest in Cesar Chavez PCS!
Cesar Chavez School for Public Policy prepares scholars to succeed in competitive colleges and empowers scholars to use public policy to create a more just, free, and equal world. Because of our intimate class sizes, experienced teachers, and robust curriculum, Chavez scholars influence public policies and practices to make a positive change in their communities and in the world.
We are proud to participate in the My School DC, common lottery application for DC public and public charter schools. To learn more about the application process for 6th grade click here and for high school click here.
Chavez School for Public Policy is driven by a powerful mission and guided by the core values of Student Achievement, Innovation, and Excellence. Join us for an upcoming Open House to learn more.
Join us for an open house or shadow day of our high school campus:
Open House: January 16, 2020, 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
A Day in the Life of a Chavez Student, Shadow Day: January 24, 2020, 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Join us for an open house to be a founding 6th grader at Chavez:
Middle School Open House: January 30, 2020, 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Questions? Contact Linda Bernal to schedule a visit at 202.398.2230 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A quick glance at the enrollment timeline for the 2020-21 school year:
- December 10, 2019: My School DC Common Application Opens. Apply online at www.myschooldc.org
- February 3, 2020: Priority deadline for high school applications
- March 2, 2020: Priority deadline for middle school applications
- March 27, 2020: Families will be notified about their lottery results and waitlist positions via mail, email and the My School DC website.
- May 1, 2020: Cesar Chavez PCS Parkside High School will begin to reach out to all matched families with their SnapCode to complete the online registration form.
- April 1, 2020 - May 1, 2020:
- Online registration will be open to current and new scholars
- Provide proof of DC residency and submit Immunization, Medical & Dental forms in-person to Cesar Chavez PCS Parkside Campus
- June 30-August 10, 2020: Submit Transcript
Follow the steps listed below to successfully enroll at Cesar Chavez PCS!
Parkside High School will be open to receive your registration documents beginning on April 1, Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm. During July and August, Parkside High School will be open to receive your documents from 9am - 3pm daily.
- Visit Chavez Parkside High School, 3701 Hayes Street, NE
- Apply to Cesar Chavez PCS Parkside High School through My School DC
- Receive your notification from My School DC that you have been matched with Chavez
- Someone at Chavez will contact you with your SnapCode and information on the registration process
- Complete online registration once you receive your code:
- Enroll at Cesar Chavez PCS Parkside High School by submitting required paperwork. Click here for more details.
- This step must be completed in person at Parkside High School, 3701 Hayes Street, NE, Washington, DC 20019.
- Forms will be also available for you at the school.
- Be sure to bring your DC Residency Verification Form (DCRV), your My School DC Seat Acceptance Form, and your proof of residency when you come to the school!
- Complete the Intent to Return Form
- Chavez will send you information about registration, including your Snapcode
- Complete online registration using your Snapcode:
- Enroll at Cesar Chavez PCS Parkside High School by submitting required paperwork
If you have questions or concerns, please contact our Registrar: Michelle Chapman, email@example.com.