Become A Chavez Scholar
**For families with scholars who currently attend Capitol Hill High School and Chavez Prep, please click here for new information.**
Thank you for your interest in Chavez Schools!
The My School DC Application is now open. Please apply to Chavez Schools Parkside High School to be put on our waiting list!
Please see below for important information about the registration process for the 2019-20 school year!
The recruitment timeline for the 2019-20 school year:
- December 10, 2018: My School DC Common Application Opens. Apply online at www.myschooldc.org
- February 1, 2019: Priority deadline for high school applications
- March 1, 2019: Priority deadline for middle school applications
- March 29, 2019: Families will be notified about their lottery results and waitlist positions via mail, email and the My School DC website.
- March 29, 2019: Chavez Schools Parkside High School will begin to reach out to all matched families with their SnapCode to complete the online registration form.
- April 1, 2019 - May 1, 2019:
- Online registration will be open to current and new scholars
- Provide proof of DC residency and submit Immunization, Medical & Dental forms in person to Chavez Schools Parkside Campus
- June 30-August 10, 2019: Submit High School Transcript
Follow the steps listed below to successfully enroll at Chavez Schools!
Parkside High School will be open to receive your registration documents beginning on April 1, Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm. The campus will also be open late the following nights: April 3, April 10, April 24 and May 1 from 4:30-7:30pm. Parkside High School will be hosting "Enrollment Saturday" on April 27, 2019 from 10am-2pm. Stay tuned for more details!
- Visit Chavez Parkside High School, 3701 Hayes Street, NE
- Apply to Chavez Schools Parkside High School through My School DC
- Receive your notification from My School DC that you have been matched with Chavez
- Someone at Chavez will contact you with your SnapCode and information on the registration process
- Complete online registration once you receive your code:
- Enroll at Chavez Schools Parkside High School by submitting required paperwork. Click here for more details.
- This step must be completed in person at Parkside High School, 3701 Hayes Street, NE, Washington, DC 20019.
- Forms will be also available for you at the school.
- Be sure to bring your DC Residency Verification Form (DCRV), your My School DC Seat Acceptance Form, and your proof of residency when you come to the school!
- Complete the Intent to Return Form
- Chavez will send you information about registration, including your Snapcode
- Complete online registration using your Snapcode:
- Enroll at Chavez Schools Parkside High School by submitting required paperwork
- This step must be completed in person at the Parkside Campus, 3701 Hayes Street, NE. If you are currently a Chavez Capitol Hill student, you may bring your paperwork there.
- Forms will be available for you at the school.
- Be sure to bring your DC Residency Verification Form and proof of residency when you come to the school!
If you have questions or concerns, please contact one of our registrars:
- Parkside Middle School: Chinara Anderson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parkside High School: Michelle Chapman, email@example.com
- Capitol Hill High School: Ronica Milledge, firstname.lastname@example.org